Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trip to Haiti Scheduled (Written March 1, 2010)

We'll travel to the orphanage in Haiti May 29 to June 5. Our church had originally planned a trip for February, but they rescheduled because of the hurricane. Traveling to the orphanage to meet my children is a required part of the process. It's surreal to consider that "my children" are living in Haiti right now, but I expect it will become very real when I see them, hold them, and then have to leave them in Haiti while we come back home and continue to work through the adoption process.

I'm meeting with Adoption Homestudy Services today to learn more about the required class. The home study class is required of any family that adopts, whether domestic or international.

There are still a boatload of unresolved issues standing between us and our adopted family, but I continually am reminded that God wouldn't lead us to do something unless he is going to work out the details.

Please pray for us and our as yet unknown children :)

No comments:

Post a Comment